Opportunities with the Big 5
and Fortune 500 companies
Your trusted consulting partner
When it matters most
The right IT resource isn't looking for you
We find them
A search involves a complex process that requires a substantial investment of your time and resources. When you hire a search firm, you're entitled to receive a high level of service. But what is the difference between a professional, reliable service, and a lower quality of service? What are your rights and obligations as a client? Above all, how do you know when you have received excellence in client service?
In the belief that well-educated clients always lead to better client/consultant relationships, Exeter Consulting offers the following "Client's Bill of Rights."
- Exeter will provide you with an accurate and candid assessment of our capabilities to perform your search.
- Exeter will tell you who will conduct the search.
- Exeter will provide a high level consultative relationship
- Exeter will hold your information in strict confidentiality
- Exeter will demonstrate a clear understanding of the position, the company, and the objectives of the search
- Exeter will provide you with regular, detailed, status reports on the progress of the search.
- Exeter will present qualified candidates who fit the position, and the culture of your organization
- Exeter will help you negotiate with the final candidate, representing both parties with skill, integrity, and a high degree of professionalism.
- Exeter will provide you with a clear understanding of our replacement policy, and other unusual situations that may arise during and after the search.
- Exeter will provide you with a reasonable level of follow-through, after you have hired the candidate.
For over a decade, Exeter built its reputation by developing customized ERP software, to meet the needs of its business partners.
Today, we're leveraging that experience, and our industry contacts; to deliver IT staffing resources to our valued clients, and to provide our candidates with unmatched career choices!
Our founder conceptualized, designed and developed the original JD Edwards World Advanced Pricing System. The design of the current Enterprise One Advanced Pricing system is based on Exeter's original design.
The Exeter team also developed the original JD Edwards One World Canadian Payroll System.
While our services are wide-ranging, our relationship with our customers begins the same way, by working closely with you, to understand your unique business goals and challenges. Only then can we build the right solutions and systems to meet those goals. As your business grows, we can continue to leverage the power of your ERP software, to keep pace with your success.
In the current competitive business environment, it is extremely important for an organization to keep pace with the technological changes that take place. Gone are the days when investing in sophisticated software would ensure business success.
Today, you need to constantly review, modify and upgrade your software to reap the maximum benefits. Equally important, is the development of customized software to meet your business needs and an efficient integration of the various systems that make up your business network. It is Exeter's consulting team that can help you achieve all of this.
For over a decade, the Exeter team has collaborated with clients to help them maximize business productivity. The depth of our on-shore and off-shore consulting team enables us to be the most cost-efficient option for clients seeking to upgrade their ERP software. We also assist our clients to leverage the power of their ERP software to keep pace with their changing business needs.
From investigation of your specific business needs to the smooth functioning of the installed software, Exeter's dedicated team will work closely with your organization. Exeter removes the barriers that prevent disparate systems from "speaking" to one another. By facilitating interoperability, we allow you to extend critical information and processes outside the walls of your business to anyone involved with it. Put simply, we'll help bring your customers, suppliers, partners and employees together as a single collaborative commerce group.
Praxair Inc. is a Fortune 500 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services and technologies. Praxair has 24,300 employees, operations in 40 countries, and annual sales of $5.1 billion.
The Exeter Solution
We developed a number of key bolt-on solutions and modifications, including:
- Global container balance management, tracking and audit by customer
- Global container rental method applications
- Global container lease management methods
- Global container cycle count methods
- Reduced systems operation costs
- Reduced assets
- Improved asset control
- Increased rental and lease income
- Simplified and improved customer billing, through error reduction
- Improved customer satisfaction and cash flow through consolidated invoices
"We have used Exeter's services extensively since going live ... We have found all of the individuals that we have dealt with to be very creative, diligent and professional in helping us resolve our processing needs."
"I would like to thank and compliment Exeter and its team for the strong high quality effort that you are putting into the project. Exeter has demonstrated the character of partnership which is valued and is an essential component to the successful implementation of projects."
CIO Praxair Inc.
It often happens when you least expect it. Out of the blue you receive a call from a search firm, wanting to know if you might have an interest in a position they are trying to fill for a client.
The opportunity seems promising, but you do not know what to expect. What does the process entail? How long will it take? What will the search firm expect from you? Most important, what are your rights and obligations during the process? As a potential search candidate, you are entitled to ask these questions and to have them answered.
In a search, Exeter endeavors to provide qualified candidates for clients who wish to fill senior level positions. Although contractual obligations exist only between the Exeter and client, we also build professional and ethical relationships with candidates, with whom we may remain in contact with over a period of years.
Furthermore, Exeter believes that the most successful executive searches involve a three-way partnership, whereby the candidate, the Exeter and the client fully understand their rights, duties and obligations to each other during the search process. As such, we believe that all search candidates have the following rights.
- Confidentiality: You put yourself at a certain amount of risk with your current employer. For that reason, you are entitled to the highest levels of confidentiality
- Full Disclosure: You need to know as much as possible about us, the position, and the client organization
- Timely Communication: Once you become an active candidate, Exeter will communicate with you in a timely manner, at each and every step of the process.
- Feedback: Exeter will provide an honest appraisal of where you seem to fit the opportunity, and where you do not seem to fit.
- Professional Treatment: Exeter complies with all employment laws that apply to the normal hiring process.
- Adequate Process Details: As a candidate, you are entitled to know what to expect as the process unfolds
- Respect for your Time and Position: Exeter understands that, as a senior level consultant, your current position demands your full time and attention. When scheduling appointments and interviews, Exeter will demonstrate the utmost respect for your time.
- Consistency Between Exeter and Our Client: Exeter and the client will always do our best to be on the same wavelength, in terms of the information with present to you.
- No Pressure: Exeter's best placements happen when the candidate has the time to make a measured, well-thought out decision.
- A Trusting Relationship: Exeter will conduct itself in a manner befitting the above guiding principles. Therefore, we naturally expect to develop an open and trusting relationship with our candidates
- Define the role and responsibilities
- Define the target candidate
- Define the culture of the organization
- Leverage our extensive internal IT database
- Leverage our industry connections
- Leverage our professional & social networks
- Initial screening of all applicants
- Face-to-face competency based interviews
- Preparation of reports & candidate shortlist
- Arrangement of interview times with preferred candidates
- Candidate preparation
- Offer negotiations & start date confirmation
Service Review (Assess candidate performance)
- 4 Candidate follow up calls over a 3 month period